Lead retail clerks are frontline supervisors in the Food & Beverage Industry. They perform retail selling and clerical work while also receiving, organizing, tracking, and displaying merchandise in the retail store. They also trains and direct retail clerks in ordering, receiving, sales, inventory, cash control and customer service functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Trains and directs retail clerks.
- Receives and checks in merchandise.
- Stock shelves, counters and tables with merchandise.
- Sets up advertising displays and arranges merchandise to promote sales.
- Stamps, marks and tags price on merchandise.
- Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer.
- Totals merchandise price and tax to determine final bill amount.
- Accepts payment and makes change.
- Wraps and bags merchandise.
- Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift.
- Keeps record of sales, prepares inventory and orders merchandise.
- D40Keeps showroom clean and orderly.
- Answers customers' questions about merchandise location, price and use.
- Handles escalated customer service concerns.
- Complies with sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; performs job safely.
- Performs other duties as assigned.